Sunday, April 13, 2008

stealing a meme

I'm being a thief and stealing a meme from Cindy at Still His Girl. It's a good one, and you can get to know me better with this meme!!

What were you doing 10 years ago:
  1. I found out I was pregnant with Baby #3. I had a two year old son and a 6 month old baby girl, nursing on demand, and on the mini-pill......Surprise!!!! Baby #3 was to be a Christmas 1998 baby....another present! We lived a few streets away from here in a 900 sq ft, 2 bedroom house. We still call that place our little "Love Nest".
5 things on my to-do list for tomorrow:
  1. Call dermatologist for appt for my son and myself.
  2. Call ophthalmologist for appt for myself.
  3. Get more eggs and transmission fluid. Transmission fluid for my hubbie's car!
  4. Try to stay away from Scrap Happy while I'm out running to the store.
  5. Make more cards for my dear friend.
5 snacks I enjoy:
  1. Guacamole. I don't even need chips!
  2. My own hummus and rice crackers.
  3. Activia yogurt with quick oats and cinnamon mixed in. I eat the yogurt with added live cultures because I'm lactose intolerant and it's easier on my tummy. I can only eat this once in a while.
  4. My oldest daughter's blended coffee drinks. This is like dessert to me!
  5. Homemade pico de gallo. And loaded nachos to go with it!!
5 things we'd do if my husband was a billionaire:
  1. My husband would quit his Post Office job.
  2. My husband would work from the home composing music scores for Independent Christian movies. This is his real job, his real love, and the one he does when he comes home from his day job!
  3. Build our dream house, complete with a studio for my husband.
  4. Shop at the Goodwill. Still.
  5. Go on as we have been all these years.
5 bad habits I have:
  1. Being sarcastic with my children. Hands down. Number one horrible thing. I must work to stop this. Sarcasm sounds awful coming out of the mouth of babes.
  2. Trying to control everything. This is bondage.
  3. Getting sucked into the computer and allowing myself to spend too much time on the internet.
  4. Forgetting to eat. At all times. And hurting my tenuous health doing so.
  5. Not spoiling my husband like he deserves.
5 jobs I've had:
  1. Making food at Taco Bandito in Castle Rock. I got yelled at one night by the manager of the adjacent pizza place, in front of customers, for messing up her order. That was my last day there!
  2. Housekeeper at Comfort Inn in Kelso. I was there before it opened. When we had to scrape grout and caulk off of the floors and tubs. I worked there for about a year. It was my favorite job.
  3. Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame. I loved that job! I started in Hard Crafts and then graduated to a cashier position, where I stayed for over a year. I worked there until two months into my marriage, and my husband and I were making $800 between us every month! He got the Post Office job two months after we got married and I was blessed to become a stay at home wife!
  4. A brief time at a local resale shop in town. I love the owners and still shop there.
  5. And those are the only jobs I have ever had. Ever.
Okay, so that's the meme......and I wonder if I should tag anyone for this one?

Nah. I know nobody has time to do these things!!

4 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

wow the baby thing! shocker. i bet that was a rough 3 years.

Leanne said...

Emily, I have a chronic eye thing going on, we think it's a chronic staph infection, but we have no idea. I'll update you as soon as we find anything out.

Me

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh, I could have written your bad habits post word for word.
Goodness, I hope you don't have a staph infection in your eye!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

LOL eggs and transmission fluid.

And I can just picture you as a taco bandito!!!