Saturday, April 5, 2008

Songs that remind me of Dave

Gayle over at Life With My Crew had a great idea for a post, and I'm stealing it...actually I think it was Cindy who started it!!!!

I'm going to tell all you gals what songs remind me of my husband....but I can't say they're 80's songs.

Let me explain. I met my husband when I was 15, in 1988, so the era was almost over, and we courted in the 90's. I have lots of songs that I love from that era.....but let me caution you: A lot of my songs are going to be by Celine. She was my all time, hands-down, #1 favorite ever. You know how Cindy feels about her pretend BFF, well, that's the way I used to feel about Celine! So brace yourself, all of you Celine-haters!

The first song I love that reminds me of my man is "Seduces Me". A friend of mine once told me that that song was indecent and I shouldn't be listening to it. What??!! What's wrong with listening to a song that makes me think of my hottie husband over and over?? Maybe it was not good for her to listen to it. I love the words, they're so eloquent and beautiful:

Everything you are,
everything you'll be,
touches the current of love
that is so deep in me.
Every sigh in the night,
every tear that you cry,
seduces me.

All that I am,
all that I'll be
means nothing at all,
if you can't be with me.
Your most innocent kiss,
or your sweetest caress
seduces me.

I don't care about tomorrow.
I've given up on yesterday.
Here and now is all that matters.
Right here with you is where I'll stay.

Everything in this world,
every voice in the night,
every little thing of beauty
comes shining through in your eyes.
And all that is you
becomes part of me too,
cause all you do seduces me.

And if I should die tomorrow,
I'd go down with a smile on my face.
I'd thank God I'd ever known you.
I'd fall down on my knees
for the life we've made.


I know I'm wordy, and some even say poetic, but in a million years, I could never come up with words better than that to express exactly what he means to me. We're intertwined, he and I, and I've forgotten where I stop and he begins. I love that feeling, and even after almost 15 years, his kisses still have the power to make my knees turn to jelly and my tummy turn upside down!

So that song is so perfect for us, and the Spanish guitar is so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes.

There are not a whole lot of singers out there who captivate me the way Celine did. Imagine the impact she'd have singing for the Lord!!

That's the first song for me and my man. I'll post more songs later.

1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Some people see the word "seduce" and they automatically think nasty thoughts. But s*x is a gift from God to be enjoyed between a husband and wife. It's the world that tarnished what is beautiful.

And that is really sad.

I hope my boys see how things are supposed to be between a husband and wife. That s*x is not a bad word to run from. It's something we can talk openly about (which is hard for me) and not be ashamed of.

And that song... that's how a husband and wife should feel about each other!

While I think Celine herself is a bit of an oddball, her songs and voice are AMAZING.