But I've been convicted lately of being idle and lazy.
Not through anyone else, just through my own musings. Just through my own thoughts of "I know what needs to be done around here, I know what I should be doing....."
But I'm not doing, and have not done, a constructive thing today!
Oh, I made myself something to eat!! I actually moved off the couch!!
I make myself sick, really.
Let me share with you some of the things that need to be done around here, and also some of the things I really have been wanting to do but have been to lazy to do them:
- Things need to be planted in the front yard! Tomatoes for my *famous* salsa. Cucumbers. Peppers. More strawberries.
- I have some rearranging I want to do in the house. Moving this from here to there, putting that in there instead of there.....
- I want to get my 14 foot wall in my living room decorated! I've got plans that are half done, and even a picture of the before, but I'm just too stinkin' lazy!
- I need to bake so we have treats in the hot weather that *will* come sometime this summer, hopefully!
- I need to take a shower and get pretty for Dave.
- I need to go buy my little Sofia a swimsuit, a hat, and some other good stuff that the girls don't need but I like to shop at my favorite thrift stores!
- I need to actually *plan* dinner before 8 pm tonight!
- I've got to call my friend and arrange a playdate. She's without a car right now, so we are *so sad* that we will have to go over to their house!!
- Sometime today I have to move off the couch and take a walk around the block. I'm woefully out of shape!
I seriously suffer and struggle with extreme laziness and depression, which go hand-in-hand for me. There is no rhyme or reason to it, and they both strike me at anytime, unawares.
I really hate myself right now. Harsh, but true. I'm going through an emotional/mental/
spiritual/physical crises right now......
And the only way to zap it is to FORCE myself to get off the couch, pull myself up by my apron strings, and just GET BUSY!!!!!!!
You gals may not like me, if you ever met me in real life, cause you'd be shocked and sickened by how lazy I am!
But this is the first step for me, letting *someone else* know and then, taking action....
O God, please forgive me for neglecting my duties! I cry out to you, Lord, for Your mercy and Your help to get me out of this morass that I am in! I give myself to You, because I do not want to be the same! I want to become what You want me to be!