Friday, October 11, 2013

Sovereign

I was reading a blog this morning that I often read.  The blog features a young couple and their baby son, who happened to be born with Spina Bifida.  She has some extremely wise perspectives and she is real and honest and achingly transparent.  Her son, Finn, is absolutely darling and precious.

You can read her blog here.  She doesn't know me from Adam, and I don't think I've ever left a comment on her blog.....I think I ought to, because some of her thoughts and realizations have impacted me greatly.......I've included a couple of her thoughts here, but I've changed them a bit to reflect my thoughts.  She wrote the thoughts but she caused me to also think them, and I've adapted them for my life:

"My circumstances and God's goodness are no longer connected.  He is still sovereign and I am still His child, no matter what is raging or flowing in my life......God is good even if and when He doesn't answer my prayers to MY specifications."

I'm going to be turning these powerful little sentences over and over in my mind and heart today.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ashley is a pretty amazing lady. Glad her words spoke to you as they so often do for me, too. :)