Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Scrumpalicious Chocolate Sauce

Geez.

I can't even remember to regularly post recipes!! I have super-duper tons of recipes, you'd think I'd want to share them!!

Blame it on Pregnancy Brain or Mama Brain, whatever.

But this recipe, this one I had to share because it is just so amazingly fabulous! I was craving chocolate one day recently and didn't have a single crumb of anything chocolate in the house, but I realized I could make my chocolate cupcakes......and then, I needed something that would be a good replacement for frosting, since we didn't have frosting ingredients in the house either......

And this recipe came to me.  I'd never made chocolate sauce, but this recipe just whispered in my ear and lo and behold, when I tasted the finished product, my eyelashes stood up straight and little stars came sparkling out of my eyes!! What's more is that it's super inexpensive to make!

Here it is:

Scrumpalicious Chocolate Sauce

2 sticks real butter
3/4 C baking cocoa
3/4 C brown sugar
2 tsp real vanilla
1/2 C half and half

Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat.  Add cocoa and let come to a gentle boil.  When mixture comes to a gentle boil, add the brown sugar and the vanilla.  Let mixture boil gently for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.  After 3 minutes, stir in half and half and let mixture come back to a very gentle boil.  Turn of burner.  Sauce should be smooth and glossy.  Recipe copyright leeswords2013

That's it! That's all you have to do! I only use the very best ingredients in my recipes.  I'm kind of a stickler on that one thing, because the very best ingredients make a recipe taste the very best.  You can really tell the difference, especially if you have Bionic Taste Buds like I do!! I have to confess, I ate a small bowl of this today.....go ahead and judge, but let me tell you, when you make this sauce, you aren't going to be able to leave it alone!! It's good by itself, and it turns to a ganache texture when put over the top of cakes or cupcakes.  It's also superb over ice cream.

Okay, go make it and tell me how you like it!