Sunday, September 29, 2013

Please Pray

Okay.

I really need your prayers.

I am a severe insomniac.

Part of the problem is just being almost 7 months pregnant and super uncomfortable, but part of the problem is that I lack the chemicals in my brain that let me sleep soundly each night.

I refuse to take prescription sleep aids because I believe that a combination of natural supplements are the answer, plus getting to bed at just the right threshold for sleep.

I use several different essential oils and my perinatologist just gave me the okay to use a chewable supplement that I had been taking but didn't think I should take in pregnancy until I could talk to him about it.  He gave me the okay and I'm super glad because it really does help.

Sleep is incredibly important to me.  I desperately need a good night's sleep.  I get probably between 50 to 70 of good sleep a month.  

Living in a sleep deprived state is not fun, for me or my family.  My husband worries about me as I toss and turn and fidget during the night.  Bad things happen to me if I do not get 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night.

So, I'm asking you to lift me up in prayer.

I know that my Father is the soother of my soul.  I know that He has sent the Holy Spirit to calm and comfort me. I know that He can restore and make new and give me those essential and absolutely necessary chemicals in my brain that I need to sleep.  I need His supernatural help in this area.

I know I've asked for a lot in the past few months, but I'm asking for just one more thing: pray for sleep for me.

Thank you and I love you all!!!

2 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh yes Praying for you to sleep! I know the weariness of a lots of sleepless nights also. I am really tiered right now from the frequent bathroom trips. What is the supplement you use? Praying my friend PRAYING!