Thursday, October 11, 2012

Good Questions

A gal who follows my blog usually does this fun link-up, and I love to read posts like this from other bloggers, but I don't usually link up because it's just too difficult to go through all of the hoops on my computer!

Still, I decided on the spur of the moment that I would answer these random questions too.  They're just fun and a variety of subjects, and maybe I'll do this just for my blog readers every week!  It's kind of a good way to get to know someone too!

So:

1: Do you ever indulge yourself, and if you do, how do you do it?

This one is super easy for me: I get a coffee drink at my favorite local place! Unfortunately, I have done this much more than I probably should!! Good stuff!

 2: Have you ever wanted to take a cooking class, and if so, which one?

Truthfully, I have never wanted to take a cooking class.  I adore coming up with my own recipes and I have so many that I've made up.  I might have wanted to take a cooking class early on in my marriage, if I even knew such a thing existed, because I was a very clueless cook, but time and error has corrected that! (Plus, I think my husband's prayers early on helped too, so that he just didn't have to eat Hamburger Helper anymore!)

3: What makes a good citizen?

A good citizen is someone who lifts up and follows the Constitution of the United States, who is a watchman at the gates, who takes care of themselves without government intervention of any kind, and who advocates, even crusades, for government to mind their own business.  

4: Do you see the political advertisements out there now, and does it affect your vote at all?

Oh yes, I see the advertisements, and no, it does not affect my vote in any way, shape or form.  We are firmly committed to our candidate and believe in him explicitly and so, lies and bull crud and things of that nature do not sway me!

5.  What have you seen lately that makes you wish you were a kid again?

Hmm....what HAVEN'T I seen that makes me want to be a kid again!!?? When I was a kid, we stayed out barefoot all day long and knew we were supposed to come home when the streetlights turned on. There were awards given at school for those who did a great job and for those who strived in their work and deserved it and earned it. We could go to the candy store and pick out any candy we wanted and they were all wholesome and so good.  Gas was at least $3 less expensive per gallon.  You could do anything you wanted on your own property without permits, regulations and caps.  Cars were made so much safer and you could actually choose whether you wanted to wear your seatbelt or not.  Air bags weren't even a thought in the 70's and early 80's when I was growing up! I could go on and on about a ton of things that were so much better back then, but I won't!

6:  What is your least favorite cliche'?

"Scarce as hen's teeth"! Truly, cliches don't really sit well with me.  I'm just not a "pithy saying" kind of gal!  And most of the popular cliches don't even make sense!

7: How much of your Christmas shopping have you gotten done?

Oh, this one is EASY! Nothing.  Zilch.  Nada.  And we're not likely to be doing a whole lot of Christmas shopping this year at all.

8.  What random thought would you finish up with?

 Chronic Depression is one of the most horrible ailments ever.  Especially for those around you.

Alrighty, that's it.  I won't be joining the link up, but answering those questions was fun!


No comments: