Friday, March 15, 2013

Ouch

I wanted to share one of my favorite blogs with you!

Her name is Bambi, and her blog is called "In The Nursery of the Nation".

I've been reading her blog for about a year, and it is so good!

I love it because she challenges.

She's funny.

She has a big family too, and she isn't poor, unfortunate, broken down, used up, wasted, discontent, or a passive participant in her "lot in life".

She's recently been doing a series on large families and some really, really great posts that answer a lot of questions you may have about large families and God's plan and I love it because she bases everything she says out of the pages of Scripture.

One of my most favorite posts she's done lately is "When Mama is Eeyore".

OUCH!

She nailed my toes on this one!

But you know what?? My favorite thing about her is that she is very plain spoken.  She tells it like it is.  She tells the truth, and most of the time, the truth is hard to sugar coat or gloss over!

Right??

A lot of her posts remind me that we are to "admonish one another".

This is a very unpopular concept these days in the modern, contemporary church....

But we are, so many times, exhorted to do this in the pages of Scripture.

Here are just a few verses: 

James 5:19
Colossians 3:16
Romans 15:14
Acts 20:31
2 Thessalonians 3:11-15, 5:12-14
Galatians 2:11
2 Timothy 3:16

And, when I did a search online about admonishing one another, this article came up.  I have never seen this site before, but I agree wholeheartedly with this Biblical definition and layout of the concept of admonishment: The Bible Way Online.  Keep in mind that I have never seen the site before but the wisdom found in this article is totally sound and based entirely on Scripture, and  if one sticks to that model, you can never go wrong!

So, go over to Bambi's blog and spend some time reading her marvelous insight!

1 comment:

Bambi said...

Thank you so much for these sweet words! I do not think I deserve them...but I am so encouraged :) (((Thank you)))