Saturday, March 10, 2012

Diapers

Ladies, it's really amazing to me how much I know about diapers.

It's mind-boggling how much I think about diapers.

It's shocking how many different brands of diapers I've tried.

It's exhausting to think of how many diapers we've gone through in our 17 years of raising children.

Let's face it: I'm picky.  I'm particular.  I'm a stickler.  I'm hard to impress.

When I evaluate a diaper, I evaluate the whole package, from the fit to the color to the smell to the softness to yes, even the picture on the diaper.

Over the years I've maybe liked the fit of one diaper but hated the way it felt.  With another diaper I've loved the way if felt but noticed it leaked all the time.  Still another time, I loved the absorbancy of a diaper but hated the pictures on it.  So you see, I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to diapers.

My friends, I'm here to tell you today that I think I've found my dream diaper.

Yes, you read that right.

Last payday I was browsing sale ads when I saw a coupon for Huggies Little Movers. I had really liked Huggies Snug and Dry previously but was sick to death of staring at masculine pictures of Mickey Mouse all day long (GAG!)  Upon wandering around at Target I noticed that Little Movers were on sale! And it was a ridiculously good sale too.  And let me tell you, I'm pretty familiar with diaper prices! I keep myself informed.  Anyway, the sale was on a large box (96 diapers) and so, I took the plunge.  I grabbed a box and what did I see? Another coupon on the side of the box! It was way better than the store coupon, so I peeled it off and marched to the check stand. I payed for the box of diapers and left the store.

I already knew I actually liked the pictures on the diapers.  They were cute pastels of Pooh and Tigger, and they weren't masculine or manly.  I mean, I have girl babies and I do NOT want them to be looking like boy babies in their diapers! I remember when Russell and Hannah were babies and how they had specifically BOY and GIRL diapers! I looooved those! I loved not having to guess which was which.  I guess the gender-neutral diapers is a symptom of the de-genderizing of our society, but I digress.......

So I got the diapers home and I bet you would believe me when I said I was really excited about trying them out! Yes, I'm a stay at home mom and yes, I do get excited about new diapers and new hair clips and new sippy cups! I grabbed Pennie and carried her to the changing table, even though she didn't need her diaper changed.  Hey, I wanted to try them out right away! I I took one out of the box and was initially skeptical when I saw how thin they were.  HOW would this paper-thin diaper stand up to extra wetness and, shall we say, "other things"?

Well, let's make a long story short, shall we? I love the diapers.  I mean it.  They meet every point of my strenuous criteria for diapers.  They're cute.  They're soft.  They're long.  They don't sag.  They hug her legs.  They're really, really absorbant.  They keep her dry.  They don't have any fragrance in them but they don't stink when she does her business.  They don't give her a rash.  They aren't the cheapest diapers out there, running about 29 cents a diaper, but if I'm constantly changing diapers because they don't absorb a lot, then the cheap ones aren't cheap in the long run either, and cost of diapers has never been an issue with me.

I think I've found my new favorite.

And no, Huggies did NOT pay me to do this post.  And why not!!!???

No comments: