I wanted to do something lighter today in the post department, so here are 36 things you never knew about me, regardless of whether you want to know them or not!!
1. I was born in Renton, WA, and lived in Ellensburg for a couple of years. We moved to CA when I was two.
2. I went to three different schools for 6th grade.
3. When we got to Castle Rock and I started going to school there in the 8th grade, I discovered that all of the things they were teaching I had already learned two years prior!
4. I used to have sandy blonde hair. For real!
5. Russell almost died when he was born. He was 5 weeks early and barely breathing when he was born, and the Life Flight was standing by in case they needed to take him to a better hospital. He spent two weeks in the NICU.
6. I love vinegar.
7. I do not like to kiss my husband after he has eaten.
8. I had heart surgery and surgery to repair herniated ovaries when I was 20 months old. I had a valve in my heart that wouldn't close. My mom tells me it was the scariest time in her life.
9. Due to the herniated ovaries mentioned in #8, the doctors told me there wasn't a big chance of me having kids. I love it when God confounds people who think they have all the answers!
10. I've never had a margarita in my life, nor a pina colada. Am I missing anything?
11. Dave's dad came to our church during a youth night. I was on the worship team that night and his dad looked up there and said to him, "you ought to ask that girl out."
12. I've been to Mexico on missions trips twice.
13. I've always wanted to be the singing voice of a character in an animated film.
14. I haven't dyed my hair in about 6 years.
15. I do not play any musical instruments and think that people who are talented musicians are totally gifted by God.
16. I'm not good at baking pies, or any dessert, for that matter. It's something I need to work on, as I live in a family which loves and thrives on goodies.
17. I never went to college.
18. I've always wanted to write a book.
19. I accepted the Lord into my heart when I was 13 years old.
20. I had never seen snow and didn't even know what it was before moving to WA.
21. I'm the first girl my husband ever kissed. Let me tell you, the first time he ever kissed me I saw stars and fireworks and thought I was having an out-of-body experience! It was and continues to be the best kissing I've ever had!!!!!!
22. I've been told that I have someone who looks like me running around in my town. I've never seen this person.
23. I'm the middle child of three, and I have two brothers, one of which I was separated from when he was 16 months old. Our mom and dad divorced and our dad took him with him. He is 16 months younger than me and we did not get to grow up together.
24. My two oldest daughters are also 16 months apart.
25. Are you tired of this yet???
26. I love to do dishes.
27. I love pencils, paper, index cards, stationery, nice journals......
28. The only reason I looked forward to the start of each new school year was because I'd get new paper and school supplies!!
29. I am terrible, terrible, terrible at math and always have been, since like kindergarten.
30. I still have all of my wisdom teeth.
31. I hate the taste of beer but drink it occasionally to up my milk supply. Beer is made with hops which, stimulate milk production in lactating mothers.
32. I pray a lot that God would bless us with twins.
33. Strawberries are my favorite fruit.
34. I hate wire hangers!
35. I hate boxes of any kind. Crackers, chips, baking goods, they all go in containers as soon as they pass my threshold. I'm a container gal!
36. I hardly ever chew gum, but my favorite gum is Trident Bubble Gum flavor.
If you've read this far, you really are true friends! Thanks for hanging in there with me. Now you know tons of useless facts about me!