Thursday, January 2, 2014

11th Hour Update

I went to my chiropractor today and, upon feeling around key areas of my tummy, she thinks that Baby Boy's head is still on my left side, albeit lower than he was on Tuesday.

She said he isn't really transverse anymore, but his head is on my left side.  

I'm going to have a pregnancy massage today and then I'm going to go in for another adjustment.

We are still going to do everything we can so that I can avoid medical intervention.  I know most of you probably do not understand that, but for us, we choose to go as natural as possible because we believe that God is sovereign over my body and we believe that He can do things beyond our comprehension and we are giving Him a chance to do a miracle.  We do not believe that labor and delivery is a sickness or a medical condition, and we do not want any stress or anything to bother or hurt Jack.

Due to the shots that I was taking for an auto-immune condition, I am a poor candidate for a C-section, but I have been off the shots for almost a month.  

We do have to face the fact that I may have to have a C-section, but we are still seeing what God wants to do.

Your prayers are appreciated and I know you ARE praying for us!!!! We appreciate it so much!


A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Are they thinking c section?? I didn't realise that....Again I guess God has given skills to competent medicos for a reason too...but I also understand all too well the over whelming desire to be as natural as possible as birth is such a special time and often not always but often hospital settings are not thinking of it like that! I would love to think they could get you moving with some gentle intervention if you reach a point where it is needed so you could complete the birth at home...But maby little man knows best too and he will arrive when ready...I m excitedly waiting and willing you along.glad for your updates as I am sre your keen to be snuggling that beautiful bubba soon!!! xx

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for him to turn and come naturally, and I trust no matter the outcome God's will is sovereign even when we don't understand why things aren't happening on our time frame. I understand where you are coming from on not wanting to get a C-section as I have been there and the recovery is different and I know your heart on it. Please send me an e-mail and let me know before hand if you can if you do go into the hospital because I would like to be interceding for you during ( if possible I would like to be at the hospital in the waiting room area just so we can cover the area in prayer because knowing that hospital... we need some prayer warriors up in there!)Anyway Will continue to pray as always.. even in the night when I wake and can't sleep, know you are covered sister!

My Little Warriors said...

p.s. that was me! the comment number 2....

csbwhite said...

I have a breech baby, as well. I am planning on having her vaginally. Is this something you would consider? Upright/hands&knees/hands off baby. What is your midwife suggesting? much to process in such a small time. I am praying!!!