Tuesday, December 31, 2013


I am now about three days overdue.

I was due Friday the 27th.  

I saw my midwife today.  I was really looking forward to it! I was confident that Baby Boy was head down and engaged and just biding his time.  We just came for a very quick appointment.


Despite the fact that Baby Boy was head down at my last appointment, and head down on Friday, his head is now up by my left rib cage.  Basically, he is laying across my tummy with nothing down in the birth canal.  

This is not what I wanted to hear!

My midwife recommended going to the hospital immediately and having him turned and then induced.

This is also not what I wanted to hear.

I was surprised at how concerned she was.  I was surprised that she was so quick to recommend the hospital and the doctor and all of that.  She usually is not like that.

She was not optimistic that he could turn head down again.


After prayer and thought, Dave and I have decided that we will do everything we can to make him turn naturally before we give in to going to the hospital.  We believe in the power of prayer and we believe that God knows our desire, which is to have a home birth with our midwife and to not have to have to go to the hospital.

So we have decided that I will continue to go to the chiropractor.  I will do those things that I was told to do to keep him head down, like getting on all fours on the floor and basically kissing the floor with my bum up in the air. I'm going to be doing this several times a day.  I will be laying on my right side several times a day and playing music for him.  I will be slathering peppermint oil on my tummy.  

I'll be praying like mad and just concentrating on Baby Boy turning.

You see, if I didn't know that he has been head down a lot during this pregnancy, then I would be concerned too.  If I hadn't heard my midwife say that he looks great and there is a lot of amniotic fluid around him, I'd be very concerned.  If I hadn't felt him somersaulting and moving so much and if I hadn't seen him head down so much, I'd just go right to the hospital and have done with it all.  If I hadn't just read a ton of articles online about babies being transverse even this late in pregnancy and turning, then I'd keep worrying like crazy

But we really want to give the Lord a chance to perform a miracle for us.  We firmly believe that He can, because He has already!!

Now, what I need dearly from you is your prayers! 

Please pray that Baby Boy will turn head down.  Please pray that his head will engage in the birth canal.  Please pray that it will stay there and that he will not turn around again.  

We promised that we would try everything we could and if Friday rolls around and he is still transverse, we will go in to the hospital.

Even typing that sentence gives me the creeps and there is no peace there for me.

So, my prayer warriors....

READY, SET, PRAY!!!!!!!!!


Theresa said...

I'll be praying for your little boy to get in "correct" position and for you to have the birth you desire. (((Hugs)))

Renata said...

Praying for you Leanne & bub! I've been wondering how you are going. I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your precious family! I guess you could scrub your floors in that position ;)
Please know I'm praying for you my sweet friend

My Little Warriors said...


Tesha Papik said...

Praying my friend keep is updated!!!!!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Hope to hear news soon of a safe arrival....and if hospital is the way to go then trust and believe that god too has provided amazing medicos with skills for us too....he can give you a wonderful peacefilled birth there if need arises he is bigger than all that! Xxx

Erin said...