Wednesday, June 27, 2012

10 People

I saw this idea on a blog I sometimes read, and I thought, just to make ya'll go hmmmmmm....I'd do a post on the 10 people I'd most want to have over for dinner!


So, here goes!!


Celine Dion is my favorite singer.  She'd be gracious enough to sing with me!!

I would want to have their WHOLE family over! Of course I'd pick their brains. They inspire me.

Colin and Mrs. Gunn are filmmakers.  He's Scottish.  My husband would adore just getting to have a good chinwag with him!

Ree Drummond is hilarious and I have her first cookbook.  I'd want her to come over early and cook with me.

Doug Phillips is the president of Vision Forum Ministries and
stands for all of the same principals and philosophies that we do.

Beall Phillips is the wife of Doug Phillips and she and I have a similar vision, and I'd love to just sit and listen to her and glean from her wisdom.

Alton Brown, zany and smart and funny and a great cook.  He'd be cooking with me and Ree and we'd have a blast!

Julie Andrews is elegant and poised and I'd love to hear all about her many years as a film and musical icon.  Of course, there'd be a trio with her and me and Celine! 

Jan Karon is my favorite author and I have almost every book she's written, in hardback.  She'd be another elegant guest and I'd ask her if she would sign all of her books for me!

Scott Brown and his wife are the founders of the National Center for Family Integrated Churches.  We have many sermons by him and we'd love to soak up his wisdom.


I know my choices aren't "popular" or "hip", but those two words are just not the words that anyone would use to describe me, thank God.  And I don't think one dinner would be enough for me with these iconic people....I think we'd have to do a weekend-long retreat!

Who would you choose?

3 comments:

Renata said...

Hi Leanne
It is lovely to finally have a second to catch up here ( & I mean a second I just heard my hubby arrive home). I hope you are going well & I think of you often. I have been so busy with school this year now the twins are learning how to read ( & they are doing really well). I'd better go ~ Dave just came in ~ talk soon. Much love & prayers your way.
Renata :)

Erin said...

I feel like I say it all the time, but thank you so much for your encouraging words on my last blog post. It means more than you know. :)

And what a fun list of people! I don't know all of them, but I'd love to hang out with Celine for sure. She seems spunky and fun.

momto8blog said...

I am with you on many of your choices!! and I also stopped measuring myself against pop culture....I love the Duggards..they inspire me too!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.