Friday, June 1, 2012

Listen.

Okay.  This is going to be a weird post, so bear with me till the end.  It's on my heart and I really believe that someone out there needs to hear this.

Listen.  Let's talk.  I know your heart is broken right now.  I know the pain hurts so bad that sometimes you feel that you can't draw a deep breath.  I know that physical pain would feel better than this shattered agony you're experiencing.  It aches so bad that you want to die, just to get some relief.

I know.
I get it.
Because I feel like that too.
I'm walking that road too.
Again.

You are wondering if you will ever NOT feel like crying.  You are confused at the constant lump in your throat and the feeling that there is an elephant sitting on your chest, suffocating you.

You aren't alone.  The enemy of your soul wants you to feel like it's only you and you're the only one and nobody cares about you.  The enemy is telling you all kinds of things right now, such as: this will never go away.  Nobody cares.  Who wants to hear? It's your fault. Nobody loves you.  You deserve this.....

Nothing the enemy is saying to you is true. 

Listen to me.  Listen carefully.

Your grief is not your fault.
You are N O T alone.
I'm going through it.  And I'm right along with you.  I'm walking the path too.  And you know what? I've been here before.  So, that makes two of us.  But you know what? I'm not the only one who's walking this path with you! There are more Mamas.

This path is SO hard.  It's long.  It's rough and hot and parched and there are SO many holes and stumps in the way.  I want you to know that you WILL make it.  You CAN do this.  You know how I know?? Because I myself did it, have done it, and AM doing it!

Because God has not given you more than you can handle.  "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ Who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

And because "God has NOT given you a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind."2 Timothy 1:7

And do you know something else?  The enemy lies to you when he tries to tell you that Christ has forsaken you or that He doesn't see or care what you're going through. You are being lied to when the enemy says that Jesus Christ does not know what you are going through.  Here's how I know that: "For we do NOT have a High Priest Who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet was without sin."  And here: "BUT You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth!" 

I feel compelled to post this today just for you.  I know you're feeling anguished and desperate and even despairing.  I know how some days, you can't even get out of bed or put one foot in front of the other.  Oh, I know.  I know intimately just exactly how you are feeling right now. 

Let me tell you something: I would be dead without Jesus Christ.  I would have killed myself 8 years ago, had I not had His Word posted all around my house, to remind me of what He wants me to know.  I'm serious. 

Listen: You're alive, even though a part of you has died.  The Lord wants to help you through this.  Get on your knees right now and cry out to Him.  With all the desperation and despair in your heart, scream out to Him.

He can take it.  Whatever you want to dish out to Him, as loud as you want to yell at Him, as much as you want to cuss and be angry at Him.....He won't be shocked.  He already knows all that anyway.  He reads you like a book, but He wants you to come to Him of your own volition and dump it all on Him.  Give it all to Him.  He can handle it, and He won't run away.

He'll give you strength. 
Oh, your pain won't go away overnight.
But tomorrow, when you open your eyes, you'll notice it's a teenie bit easier to put that foot on the floor.
And the next day, you'll notice you're just a teenie bit stronger.
Trust me.

Please don't let the enemy lie to you anymore.
You ARE strong for this trial!
In Christ, you ARE able!

So, NOW what are you going to do??

3 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Great encouragement here - nothing like someone who's been there to give hope to others. Thanks!

Erin said...

Like the first comment said, this is great encouragement and surely touched many.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so so much for this. All I have ever wanted to be is a momma, 2 years ago that came true. 6 weeks after our baby was born my husband was diagnosed with cancer...looks like I'll only get to be a momma to one sweet boy. That is so difficult to accept. These past two years have been so hard, my heart just longs for Home where everything will be made perfect. I have to constantly (like sometimes, hourly) remind myself that His plan is perfect...one baby and all. Thank you again.