Friday, December 10, 2010

100 Things

Here are 100 things that you never needed to know about me, but I'm going to post them anyway!!


  • I'm the only person in my whole family who does not have blue eyes.  (Mine are green)
  • I haven't dyed my hair in over 6 years.  Yes, my hair is naturally that dark!
  • I used to be a natural blonde.  Really!
  • I used to collect teddy bears.
  • I have no sense of humor.
  • I adore Kettle chips and homemade sour cream ranch dip, with a Blue Sky Cola with crushed ice.
  • I love sour things.  Almost nothing is too sour for me.
  • I do not like game meats.
  • I almost didn't graduate from high school due to missing half a credit.  Mom came to the school.  Credit was mysteriously found.
  • I never aspired to marriage and babies.  Ever.  How wrong I was!
  • I am a naturally tense person.  I catch myself clenching my hands and hunching my shoulders all the time.
  • I've never had braces.
  • I've had one cavity in my life.  In a baby tooth.  It was filled at the dentist.  Said tooth fell out not too long after that.
  • I used to have a mortal fear of going to the dentist.
  • I have had at least 4 of my babies with no meds at all.  But I like meds in childbirth!
  • I used to wear bi-focals.
  • I used to be anorexic.
  • I have had food issues for quite some time.
  • My favorite color was peach.  I used to be The Peach Girl.  The colors of my wedding were ivory, peach and emerald green.
  • Labor and delivery terrify me.  Every time.
  • I do not like parties.  Or crowds.
  • I used to be anti-social.
  • I hate board games.  And card games.
  • I had never seen a Bible in my whole life till I was 13.
  • Likewise for snow.
  • I do not like pets.
  • I do not like dogs.
  • I struggle with insomnia.
  • I take a lot of naturopathic meds.
  • The only doctors I have are an OB and a perinatologist.
  • I have seen a naturopathic doctor for over 12 years.  As has most of my family.
  • I can't stand the sound of chewing.
  • I am not a compulsive person.
  • I am loyal.
  • I am not a good communicator.
  • I have been in choir, in some form or another, since I was 6 years old.
  • I like to sing.
  • I hate to sing.
  • I am a serious morning person.
  • I hate nights.  I guess you could say I'm afraid of the dark!
  • I would love to have twins again.  Any time of the year!
  • I read voraciously.
  • I can read one book a day.
  • I was addicted to the pain medication Darvocet.
  • I eat gluten/wheat free, as well as mostly dairy free.
  • I like my collar bones.
  • My wedding ring is a size 4.
  • I don't really like or need jewelry.
  • I hate having my feet touched.
  • I snore when I'm pregnant.
  • I don't really know what my Love Language is.
  • I like all kinds of music.
  • I once kissed my newborn baby's buns.
  • I don't think I'll ever dye my hair again.  My son thinks silver/gray hair is beautiful.
  • I do not like alcoholic beverages.  I don't mind if others do.
  • I would like to have more babies at home.
  • I have dimples.
  • I hemorrhage severely after birth.  Yay.
  • I love road trips.
  • I love to eat out.
  • I hate milk.
  • I've never made a snowman.
  • I've never ice skated.
  • I'm clumsy.
  • I love warm brownies.  Namaste or Pamela's. Yum!
  • I'm very suspicious.
  • I'd like to be an author.
  • I have a Bionic sense of smell.
  • I have very refined taste buds.
  • I could watch cooking shows all day.
  • I really like my step-mother-in-law.
  • I come from a broken home.
  • It's always bothered me that my brother does not like me.
  • I can be very morose and critical.  And negative.  
  • I love bare trees in the winter.
  • I love to cook and make up my own recipes.
  • I'd like to record a CD with my husband.
  • I've dislocated both of my knees, the left one, twice.
  • I want to go to France someday.
  • I have a deep desire to be fluent in French.
  • I loved French class in high school.  I remember almost everything.
  • My favorite singer is Celine Dion.  Her voice gives me chills.
  • I secretly wish we were really having triplets.  Or that Olivia was really alive and the Dr made a mistake.
  • After I have my babies, I usually stay in the hospital alone.  At least I have since Kellie was born in '03.
  • We do not have cable television.
  • I really would love to decorate my house beautifully.  Alas, I have no talent for it.
  • I have never liked facial hair on men.  My husband is very clean shaven.
  • I would like to go to Hawaii, with all my kids and husband.
  • I love Van's waffles with gobs and gobs of butter and a touch of syrup.
  • I grew up in Huntington Beach, CA.  I can still smell the Coppertone and feel the sand between my toes.
  • I love hardwood floors.
  • I've been flossing regularly.
  • I have to have a notebook and pen with me at all times, in case thoughts come to me.
  • I like to write poetry.  A lot.
  • I hate showing my written material to anyone.
  • I am a pretty private person.
  • I love V-8 juice.
  • I'm totally okay with having only one son.  And no, we aren't going to "try till we get another boy."
  • And no, we don't NEED another boy.  At least, the Lord doesn't think we do, so far.
  • I love cabbage in any form.  And sauerkraut.
  • I do not like pork.
  • I've been to Mexico on mission trips twice.
  • I can't play any instruments.  I don't want to either.
  • I like to make cards.
  • I save my journals.
  • I adore good pico de gallo and guacamole.  I eat them with a spoon!
  • I have very dry skin.
  • I eat 100% organic and natural.  I feel soooo much better because of this.
  • My bath/body products are mostly organic and natural too.
  • I have sensitive skin.
  • I love Greek food.
  • I only use Dixon Ticonderoga pencils.  Bought in bulk at Costco.
  • We try not to buy things that are not made in the USA.
  • I tend to have a bad temper.  Ugh.
  • I love Risotto.
  • Are you still there???

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

How fun! I might have to do this too!

Susan said...

Wow I learned a lot. The neatest thing is that we both grew up in California. I lived in Hemet so you may not know where it is. But I still excited to meet another california girl.

Gayle said...

I'm here!
And I learned alot, too! I'm curious about how you eat 100% organic, as in, what tips do you have?
I've been very interested in this, but 1. I don't know where to begin, and 2. It seems to be extremely expensive.
Maybe a future post? :)

Susan said...

Leanne, Thanks for stopping by to let me know you knew where Hemet was. Makes me laugh about the orange groves. when I was in highschool that was one of the famous hang outs. I love that we are both havign babies at the same time and number 8 for both of us. my boy is at the bottom, and if the ultrasound is right it's another boy, but for some reason i feel like it's a girl. We'll just have to wait and see.
I also wanted to let you know i have been praying for you on this journey. I was just there last year and i thank God for how close he was to me the whole time.
I will stay in touch so I can see how you are doing with the rest of the pregnancy.
Susan

Devin said...

That was really fun to read...I can't believe how much MORE we have in common than I thought--and how some things are so different, too!

Renata said...

Hi Leanne
I love your list!! It's lovely getting to know you a little better! So much I was saying "me too" about!
Hope you are keeping well & able to rest a lot!
Blessings
Renata:)