Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day Three

We survived day three! My mom rescued us by inviting us up to her place, about 30 minutes up north of here in the country. Of course, we accepted! We go up there a lot.

Hannah and Samantha (2 oldest girls) helped Grandpa outside all day long, building a fence.

Russell stayed inside. The country is NOT his favorite place to be! He watched "Voyage Under the Sea". You know, that old 60's TV show about the crew on the sub.

Sara and Kellie (2 middle girls) went outside a bit, but mainly stayed inside and played SO NICELY together! There was nary an argument or a whoopin' the whole day!!

Mom and I are trying to get ready for a yard sale that she's having in August. She's selling just about the whole entire contents of her house. She has 15 years of accumulation to get rid of. A daunting task, no? So I spent the day cleaning out her kitchen cupboards and pricing what we were going to sell. I also repurposed (don't you like that word? It's very HGTV!) some of her counters that were not being used to the best of their abilities. One of the things I'm *proud* of doing for her is making a great coffee nook for her, right below the cupboard that holds her coffee grinder. I wish I had a camera so I could have taken before and after pics to show you! Trust me, we're making good progress!

We left her house about 6 pm or so.......and I hadn't heard from hubbie since that morning, so I tried to call him from the road to our house. And called......and called......and called! I must have tried to call him about 200 times between 6:30 and a ridiculously late time! He NEVER turns his phone off, he always has it with him, so I was a bit worried and disgruntled that he never answered. My last call to him was at 2 am his time (he's in Colorado, so it's 2 hours later there), with no answer. WAAAAAHHHH!!!

He called this morning, apologizing profusely for not having his phone with him. What was he doing, I asked. Of course, he was partying!!!! LOL!!!

I think he's had a great time, and it's been exhilarating for him to be in on the post production process of this film. Since this is the first feature film he's ever done, he's very excited about it!

So, we're at day four, and he's getting on the plane at 6 to fly back to us!!!

Even though I have a head cold, it's been a pretty good time. I'm surprised it was not harder, with a lot of tears and bad attitudes, because Daddy is the center of our universe here. Oh, we miss him and we're so happy he's coming home, but we did lots better than I thought we would!

Of course, that doesn't mean I want him jetting off away from us every month!!


Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing ok. It's always so different around here too, when dh is gone. I hope you had a fun time when he got back. And your sad picture looks very sad-lol

Gayle said...

So it's time to introduce you to statcounter! You always have way more readers than commenters. You'll see, and you'll be addicted to checking your stats.

Marcie said...

I am glsd you were in my neck of the woods.LOL!!! We need to meet up sometime here or there. Talk to you soon.


Anonymous said...

So glad you finally got ahold of dh; that can be very nerve racking! Sounds like you had a nice time with your mother and helped her out a lot too.