Sunday, November 24, 2013

More Thankfulness

I remembered that I wanted to do this 30 Days of Thanksgiving thing, and I remembered that in my last post of what I was thankful for, there were only 11 things, so in order to catch up, I need to add some more things!!

So, I will!


12: I am SO thankful for this girl, for many reasons.  Her life in the womb was fought for and Christ won a major victory over the enemy, in that after Olivia died, the doctors told me that Pennie had a 35% chance of also dying.  But she is here with us and she is seriously the joy in our days! She just makes us so happy and she truly is a miracle.  I could make a whole list of why I'm thankful for her, but let's just leave it at that!!

13: I'm VERY thankful to be nearing the end of this pregnancy.  I just can't wait to see Baby Boy's face and to hold the reward in my arms!

14: I'm thankful that we've had a lot of extremely cold and frosty mornings lately.  I love to sit in the chair and look at the sun rising and see the magical world of frost and sparkle.  Right now it's 27 degrees, which is probably summer weather to some of you reading this, but to us, it's pretty cold! I love the winter-like landscape and I do hope it snows a bit this winter!

15:  Along those same lines, it does rain a LOT here in our region, and lately it hasn't rained hardly at all, so I'm thankful for that…but lately I find myself also being thankful for the rain because then we can be all cozy inside our humble home and life just kind of slows down when it rains.  December looks like it's one big rain shower this year…..but it'll be cozy in here.

16:  I'm thankful that I'm not a picky eater at all.  I have never been picky, even from a very young age.  Not being picky means there's such a variety of things I can eat and love and I really love that.  I feel so sorry for my picky children.  Life is so tough when food doesn't appeal to you!! But I love lots of stuff, especially a loaded salad!

(And though it's not a part of my thankful list, here's a list of things I don't like: hominy, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, corn, squid, octopus, and mussels!)

17: I'm thankful that my husband doesn't care that I get up so early each morning.  I'm thankful that he sleeps so well that I don't wake him up when I get up.  In the late Fall and early Winter, I get up when it's still dark and I love it because then I can watch the sun rise.  I'm thankful God made early mornings!

18:  I'm thankful that we know people who raise healthy, grass-fed cows and that my husband has a steady job so that we can fill our freezer every Fall with beef of all cuts that is healthy for us.

19:  I'm thankful to whoever created guacamole.  I simply adore the stuff.  I grew up in Southern California, where avocados were plentiful and always available, and I have loved them from a very early age.  I have loved guacamole from a very young age too.  I think I feel a craving coming on…..

20: In conjunction with that, I'm thankful that I have a daughter who shares my love of guacamole and coincidentally, makes the best guacamole ever.

21:  I'm very thankful that my health is holding up well through the latter half of this pregnancy.  

22: This might be on a materialistic note, but I'm so thankful for gift cards.  We have gotten some gift cards from our friends and we'll be able to get that new crib that we need for Baby Boy! Now it's just finding the time to go get it!!

23:  I'm thankful that some of my girls still like to go places with me.  When I'm with my girls, it's like being with sisters that I never had.  

24:  I'm thankful that our family will be able to spend Thanksgiving with my father-in-law and his wife.  All I have to do is bring something for Lucie, who has food allergies, and that's it.  We're all looking forward to spending time over there!!

Well, there you have it.  I'm caught up now…..And I'll write out some more things that I'm thankful for next week.  

Thanks so much for your faithful friendship and thank for wanting to read my blog!!

No comments: