Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Two Months

Today I'm two months and three days pregnant.

Whew.

How do I feel?

Cruddy.  Nauseated.  Like I'm walking through thick fog, most of the time.  I'm so tired that I get up at my usual time, which is around 5:30 AM, and by 10 AM, I'm falling asleep in the chair in the living room.  And by 9:30 PM, I'm nodding off again!

Man.

But I take all of these symptoms to be a good sign that our baby is growing and thriving in there. And you won't hear my complaining (too loud, at least).

I realized the other day that I am severely lacking in the maternity clothing department! I haven't the smallest inkling of how that happened.  You'd sure think that, what with all of the kids I have, I'd have tons of stuff stashed away!  So now I'm trying to figure out where I can find the money for the huge amount of maternity clothes in my online cart at Old Navy that will sustain me for the rest of my life and any subsequent pregnancies.  I went a little crazy one day looking at things and just decided to pretend I had unlimited funds, so I loaded my cart with everything I could ever want in the maternity apparel department.  Such cute stuff, ya'll.  And I wager that most of it would look cute even between pregnancies.  Sigh.  A girl can dream, can't she??

I cancelled my first midwife appointment because I wanted to be farther along so that we could see our little baby on the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat nice and loud.  I'll be going to the midwife on June 5th.

So there you have it! A little update on this pregnancy.  You won't see me doing any belly shots, as I already look 6 months pregnant anyway.  Those leftover baby tummy pictures don't make for cute belly shots, you know?

On a separate note, my family and I have been praying for Oklahoma and the tens of thousands of families and individuals who have been devastated by the tornado that ripped through Moore and surrounding towns the other day.  My heart can hardly stand to look at all the destruction left behind.  For my friends who live in Oklahoma, we will continue to pray for God's provision and His people to help.  We'll continue to pray that He demonstrates His grace and His love and His healing.


2 comments:

Theresa said...

Glad to hear you are doing well :)

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo for two months!:)! I never keep up with months but weeks I don't know why I guess because that is how my doctor dose it. Gosh that tiredness in the beginning is a REALLY hard! I was SO VERY tiered, I am so grateful to have some energy back. Just hold on my fried it won't be long. As far as belly shots go well I have something to say about that:)... I have a very small belly and BIG butt I seem to gain all of my weight in my butt. My husband teases me I have a baby back there:) The downside is no one knows I am pregnant until the very end I just look like I have put on 20 pounds;( SO there is some good things about having a mommy tummy you get noticed as prego for a long time:)