Usually, I feel a huge let-down, and a huge sadness, to see the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons leave for another year. It always seems that after we get all of our holiday decorations taken down that there is a hollowness, an emptiness, left behind. It usually is sad to see the joy and fun and festivities go away....
But this year it seems different.
I think it's because Daddy was home for the last two weeks of December, which has NEVER happened. He was home for Christmas AND New Year's and it was like one continuous party with him here.
This year Christmas was so unexpectedly wonderful, and that feeling hasn't gone away yet.
So far, the new year has been wonderful too.
And we have lots of fun things, and major milestones, to anticipate this year. Here's a brief list:
- In February Pennie turns 2!
- In April, our firstborn and only son will turn 18.
- At the end of June I will celebrate my 40th year on earth.
- Shortly after that, 6 days to be exact, my husband turns 45.
- Then, our second born, who is also the first in a long line of daughters, will turn 16 at the end of July. AND she will get her driver's license.
- In September it will be our 20th wedding anniversary.
We don't have Big Plans for any of those things yet, but we will. And speaking of Big Plans, that reminds me.....
We have three daughters who all have birthdays in January, and this year they've decided to have a Together Celebration! So we get to have a party and invite our people and live it up for a day! And yes, the excitement in our home is at Almost-Fever-Pitch right now!
Listen, if any of you have any great and unusual ideas for a girl on her 40th birthday, leave me a comment, will you??