Thursday, April 12, 2012

Help!

I'm having issues with my blog!

Last month, my oldest daughter and I made a couple of tiny changes to the blog.  Unbeknownst to me, we accidentally erased the archives from the sidebar, where they've been since forever!!!! NO IDEA how that happened. 

I've been trying like the dickens (Sofia thinks that's a cuss word, but that's another post!) to get the archives to appear again in any way, shape, or form.....to no avail!

I'm frustrated now! It's pretty self-explanatory on how to get archives to appear on your blog, either monthly, weekly, or daily, RIGHT???

Then WHY won't my archives appear on my sidebar?? I've set and reset and set and reset it, and they never appear!

So I need someone's help who is computer savvy! Shouldn't it be as simple as just going in to 'settings' and clicking 'archiving' and then picking the frequency of the archives? I've been doing that and it won't work.

I really want visitors who come to my blog to be able to read past posts.  I want them on my sidebar again. 

What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do!!

Thanks for the help in advance!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok so If you have done the reset then maybe something got erased in the HTML? did you go in there? Another this you can add is the you might also like under your post, get that from link within. http://www.linkwithin.com/learn
When you say going into setting you are adding a gadget right? You have to add the archives gadget, and then move it where ever you want it.

Duckygirl said...

Like Tesha said, you need to be sure in the Design tab you have the archives gadget added to your sidebar, if that's not added then telling it in settings to show weekly or whatever still won't make it show up.