Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Breaking The Silence

Wow!

I've been gone a long time!

Some nice person figured out Husband's password for our internet account and has been helping themselves to free internet AND giving us all kinds of problems with our internet provider, which, to put it in a very nice way, is LAME!!!!!! We plan on switching to a Sprint card, I think.  So, I've been forced to be offline completely lately.  I figured an update was in order, and I'm sneaking time on Husband's computer!

First up, we're iced in here at our house in the country.  It began to snow on Saturday night and continued, with snow all day yesterday.  We only have about an inch, but the temps dropped drastically last night into the teens and so, we're totally iced over today.  Everything's frozen shut outside.  It's about 23 degrees right now at 10 AM. The sun is shining and the sky is baby blue, but man, it's COLD! The cold snap is expected to end tomorrow, with temps back up to 43 by Friday.  Brrrrr! My girls are having a blast, though.

I had to cancel my Dr's appt down South today, due to the roads leading to the freeway being treacherous.  I won't get to see Pennie today...booo! But I rescheduled for December 2nd.  Or Friday, which isn't perfect because my wonderful tech Kyrsten won't be there.  I'll have a different doctor....waaaaah.....I don't like seeing another doctor! (I know, I'm griping!)

I'm still craving a huge platter of cheese enchiladas with rice and beans and pico de gallo and guacamole, from our small, fabulous little local Mexican restaurant.  And a tall, hot Carmello from my mom's coffee shop.  If it warms up past 34 today, I'm zooming up to my mom's shop and grabbing a drink! It's not really like a craving, it's like "I have to have cheese enchiladas and a coffee drink VERY SOON or bad things will happen!" You moms know what I'm talking about!

My heart is raw.  My very bone marrow hurts.  My soul is weary.  Sometimes the pain of thinking about Olivia flying to Heaven takes my breath away.  But it is a strange roller coaster that I'm on.  I vaccilate from joy to grief, from tingles of excitement to lances of agony.......and every laugh or smile or excitement is tempered by my numbness.

We got a VAN!!!! We found it on Auto Trader online.  We got it last Thursday, the 18th.  It's RED, a deep, dark red.  It's a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited, fully loaded.  All-wheel drive.  Anti-lock, automatic 4x4 brakes.  Heated seats.  Leather.  Everything's power.  New engine.  It's absolutely immaculate and plush and the safest, most awesome ride we've ever had!! Husband took it to work today because his 1987 Pontiac 6000 isn't all that safe in the winter weather that we're having.  Boo on him! He's mocking me! He calls every so often to talk smack to me.....but he does call it "My Van".  Yep.

I have a bit less than 8 weeks of "couch" rest left.  And I AM counting down the days!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer your comments personally lately.  I never have any idea when I'm going to be able to be online anymore.  But I am soooo soooo soooo grateful for all of your continued support through comments and prayers.  I dearly, dearly need the prayers, now more than ever.  THANK YOU!!!!!!

I'm not sure when I'll be online again regularly, what with our laptop, which was really mine, being down and out right now.  We need to take it to the Genius Counter at the Apple Store.  It's critical mass, people.  Actually, I'm enjoying not being online.  I don't feel compelled to be online.  I miss you guys, but I don't feel obsessed with what you're doing and what you're thinking! But you all know I love you and, if you want, contact me via email and I'll give you my mailing address if you like to write letters.  We can be pen pals....but BEWARE! I loooooove to write and letters are no exception!

Oh, I almost forgot!! Pennie seems to be doing really well in there.  She's pretty active.  I won't have an update on her for a while since I had to cancel my appointment today.

I'm in my THIRD TRIMESTER! I can't believe how this pregnancy has flown! I think I have less than 100 days left! Ooooooh! Wait, I'm not ready! Ha.

Okay, that's a long enough update.  Talk to you all soon! MWAH!

5 comments:

Renata said...

HI Leanne
It's lovely to hear all your news & find out that you are continuing to go well! I've been praying for you & Pennie.
WOW - 3rd trimester already - that was quick! Does the dr think you will get to full term with Pennie? I hope you can get past the 35 week mark at least.
The van sounds amazing! What a blessing for you & your family!
Hope you keep well & look forward to "catching up" whenever you can sneak a minute on the computer (what a horrible thing that person did stealing internet time).
Take care
Love
Renata:)

Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

(((HUGS)))

Duckygirl said...

Oh I'm so happy that your silence was just due to loss of internet! Good to hear that things are going along well...and Yay! on getting a new van! :O)

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Laura

My Little Warriors said...

BOo to someone messing with your computer and internet stuff. Love you and your family!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Leanne!

Congrats on the van, the counting down on the days until Pennie's birthday, enchiladas and hot coffee! SO much to be thankful for!

Love you, friend. You are often in my thoughts and prayers.