Monday, August 17, 2009

Stars

I sat at the fire last night
and looked up at the sky
in its night clothes,
and I,
with soft wonder,
never cease to marvel
at the magnificent display
of God's splendor.

I never grow tired
of setting my eyes upon
the Lord's handiwork,
everywhere in evidence,
diverse
a reflection of
the facets of Him.

The stars here
wink and glimmer
as a hundred fold gems
cast about
on the finest black velvet.
So many!
Uncountable!

I sigh,
I rest,
and I know
that I too am
His handiwork,

And though
I measure small
against the vast reaches
of endless sky.....

Use me
I know He can.
Want me
I know He does.
Love me
Oh yes!
More than
each star jewel

And I
here
feel small
no more.

2 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Psalm 19:1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Thank you for this post - "the sky in its night clothes" - love that!

s

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

:) LYLAS.