Thursday, April 3, 2014

Loves

Today I'm going to talk about new makeup items on which I've got a crush.

I've discovered some things that have really made me look great and I can't believe I didn't know they were out there before now! My husband gave me leave to buy some new makeup since I needed it and I do like wearing makeup.  I just wish I wasn't so lazy so that I could wear makeup every day!

First off, there's this:

This powder is truly one of my favorite things ever.  I have super, super dry skin and have tried every makeup on the planet, just about, and it all just got soaked up by my super thirsty skin.  In addition to a really good cleanser and a really good moisturizer (which we'll talk about in a minute), this powder has made a big change in the way I look.  I just use it over the top of my moisturizer and I'm good to go.  It isn't cakey or heavy at all.  I have freckles and it doesn't cover them up, it just makes my skin look dewey and more even.  It IS a bit of a splurge at about $34, but I hardly ever buy makeup, and when I do, I know that it will last me for a very long time, especially if I keep my brushes clean.  I got my "Hello Flawless" powder at Ulta, but you can get it at Sephora or even online on the BeneFit site.



Now, like I said before, I have really dry skin.  I've used a lot of cleansers to try to combat this annoying problem, all to no avail.  This is called DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. This cleanser was "love at first use" for me.  It IS olive oil based, but it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily at all.  In fact, it leaves my skin feeling really soft and super hydrated, which is something my skin craves.  I had never heard of this stuff before, and one day I came home from running errands and the girls said I had gotten a catalog and a few samples.  I used the samples and fell in love, and I ordered some of this cleanser the very next day! It's $23, and like I said before, it'll last me forever.



This moisturizer has really changed the texture and look of my face.  I was very skeptical when the gal at Ulta told me it would be the best moisturizer for my dry skin, because I've used so many "perfect" moisturizers.  But this thick, rich cream is really the right answer for me.  I love that it hardly has any smell to it and it's so rich. The gal told me to give it a couple of days and I'd see a huge difference, and I really have!  I got a "kit" that has all of the basic BeneFit cleaner, toner, exfoliated and other things for dry skin.  Everything came in small trial sizes and I already love a couple of things.  I don't use everything that came in the kit, and some of the things I just don't even like. This moisturizer is by far my favorite moisturizer I've used.  I try to use it twice a day.  I use a very small amount and even this really small pot of it will last me a long time, as I use straight olive oil on my neck and chest.  The kit with all of the small sizes of products from BeneFit was $24.


I also got this eyeshadow palette.  I really splurged the day I went into Ulta! I really needed some makeup supplies, and I know the benefit of good makeup.  I don't like anything that is super full of icky ingredients or has trashy names or is highly pigmented. The gal at Ulta recommended this one to me, and I tried it and loved it.  I think my palette is called "Into The Light", and it comes with an eyeliner too.  The eyeliner that came with my palette is called Damsel and I adore it.  It's just plain good eyeshadow.  I use the brown down on the bottom to fill in my eyebrows because I over tweezed them a time or two….but this eyeshadow is great. It has a bit of sparkle to it, and it's great for green eyes.  There are a few different palettes to choose from. 


This is BareEscentuals blush, and my color is Golden Gate.  It's a powder pot, and the beauty of it is that you can open it, sift some into the lid of the pot, and then after you're done using it, you can close the sifter lid and put it back in your makeup bag! I love the peachy, pinky color, and it's really subtle so you don't look like a clown.  It's also got a bit of sparkle to it.  I've also used Warmth and liked that color too, which is perfect for the summer time.


One more thing I'm loving this early spring is cherry Icees! We get them here at the Target in the adjacent town.  I had one yesterday and since I'm battling a bad cold, complete with laryngitis, anything icy and cold feels good on my throat.  Of course, I don't have one every day, because they're loaded with icky stuff I'd rather not put into my body….but once in a while, cherry Icees really do satisfy! And, since I'm starting concert choir and an opera workshop at our local college on Monday, another cherry Icee might be in the forecast for me.  I really need to get my voice back!

What are your favorite makeup items or hair stuff that you love right now?







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these suggestions! Now let's set a pic of you all made up:)

Erin said...

I'm a big fan of the Benefit line as well! Cute packaging and really great products, too. Fun post!

Also, did you get my email? Been having some problems with my account, so I wanted to check. We LOVED the package you sent, and the big girls had so much fun "helping" Nora open her goodies! They've been reading their new books nonstop, and Nora wore the little red bubble romper the other day--precious! Thank you so much, friend!