Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jack


Oh, this face!! I could look at this face and kiss it all day long!



Jack is almost 4 months old now.  He really is the light of our lives.  He is growing and thriving and so healthy and curious and inquisitive!

He's the most active baby I've ever had.  I think I knew he was going to be a real mover when he was hardly ever still in my tummy.  When he's awake he can hardly sit still.  His legs seem so strong to me and he can stand up with me holding on to his hands.  I wonder if he's going to be an early walker!

In the picture above, the girls put blankets in the laundry basket and put him in there.  They tied a sash to the handle of the basket and were pulling him around the house.  He loved it! He looked so incredibly cute and tiny!

The other day he rolled from his tummy to his back.  I thought for sure it was just an accident, but lo and behold, he did it again and again! I think we can say he's officially rolling from tummy to back now.  He also rolled from his back to his tummy too, but he doesn't do that as much.  

Jack loves to be on the floor on blankets.  He's been holding his head up really strongly since he was about 3 weeks old, and now he pushes himself up on his elbows and looks around.  I always put him on a blanket that has pictures on it, and he loves to grab at them.  On his blanket on the floor is where he does his rolling around!

He's discovered his voice too.  He squeals and says "ahhhh" and growls.  He razzes with his tongue and when he smiles, he smiles with his whole face and body!! 

He's wearing size 3-6 month clothes.  I love his cute little blue jeans! The tiny pockets on the back just about do me in. I thought I was a Girl Clothes Freak, but then Jack came along and I discovered baby boy blue jeans!  He looks so Big Boy in his striped onesies and his collared shirts.  He's actually wearing 6 month jeans now because of the length.  Jack is really tall and skinny, and I sure do wish baby clothing manufacturers made a Tall Baby size.  I do have trouble finding clothes that fit him due to his long skinniness! I think my favorite brand of blue jeans for him is Children's Place, and I've been able to find them at my two favorite local resale shops.

Jack is sleeping in our room in his crib.  He still takes lots of naps during the day.  I'd say he takes about 4 naps a day.  He goes down for the night around 10 PM and typically sleeps until about 2:30 AM.  I nurse him and then lay him back down and he sleeps until usually around 5:30 or 6 AM.  He'll go back to sleep after I feed him at 6 AM and he'll sleeps until his next feeding, around 9:30 AM.  He is nursed exclusively and he's getting really good at going 3 hours between feedings. His naps are usually 2 hours or so.  Sometimes he likes being rocked by me, but most of the the time he wants to lay down in his crib and go to sleep by himself.  It doesn't take long for him to fall asleep!


He's such a sweet and joyful baby.  He makes my days so much better just by looking at him and holding him.  He is so even tempered and so easy going.

He loves riding in his carseat in the car.  Typically, if we go to Costco, which is 45 minutes away, then he'll sleep the whole trip.  He's usually quiet and peaceful in the car.

I think he's teething! He has a tiny white spot on his lower gums, right in the middle, and he's sure drooling a ton! I have to change his shirt a couple of times a day because of his drooling.  He's been the easiest and calmest teether we've had so far, and we're sure thankful for that!! I can't wait to see him with a teenie tooth!

He loves to grab his feet, and when he sees them he looks at them like they're the most wonderful and intriguing things he's ever seen! It's such a cute look.  I wish I had captured it in a picture, but I'm so bad at taking pictures…..

I wish I had more pictures to post of Jack.  He's changed so much in just the last two months.  He actually looks like a little boy! We have loads of pictures of him in his newborn days, but I need to get the girls to take more pictures of him every day.

So, stay tuned for a post of pictures of Jack when he turns 4 months old!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness he is such a doll baby!!! I just love baby boy blue jeans also soooo cute:)

Erin said...

He's precious!!!