Friday, September 30, 2011

Remembering

Today, I'm remembering.

I remember last September.

I remember September 28, 2010.

That day, I found out that my life was about to change forever.

I found out we were going to have identical twin girls.

I was on Cloud Nine.

I was so ecstatic.  I was so grateful.  I was so flummoxed.

I had met Baby A (Pennie Jane) and Baby B (Olivia Caroline), and I had fallen promptly in love.  With my whole heart!

I remember seeing those two little heads on the screen. 

It's amazing what a difference a year makes.

I will never, ever, as long as I draw breath, forget that I had two babies in my tummy.  I will always, everlastingly be deeply thankful to God for giving me as much time with them as He did. 

That Fall was beautiful.  The color was magnificent here.  We do get the changing of the seasons where we live, which I'm so glad for!

I read a quote somewhere, recently.  I'm not sure where I read it or exactly when, but here it is:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Today, more than the grief and tears and anguish and agony of the past year, I find myself so glad God chose me to be the vessel for my twin babies, and that Olivia was in the secret, secure place when Jesus summoned her to His side.  I am so glad.  Fortunate.  Blessed.  And thankful.  And I find myself, the past few weeks, bending more.  I feel like I'm more flexible for His will for me.

If you're in a hard spot right now, allow God to bring the good memories back to you, and please, try to thank Him for bringing you where you are right now.

I'd love to pray for you, so if you have a prayer request, email me and I will bring it to the Lord on your behalf.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

1 comment:

Rebeca said...

Thank you for sharing this Leanne. May God continue to comfort and give strength and use you to bless.