Friday, March 4, 2011

12 Days Old!

Yes, I know.

You all probably do not want to hear from me unless this post contains new photos of Our Pennie.

Sorry to disappoint you....no new pictures will be on this post.  My Computer People have been busy lately and haven't gotten the new pictures loaded onto the computers.  I do apologize and will remedy the situation shortly.

Okay.

How are we doing? Pennie is now 12 days old and it's been 12 days of the sweetest, most blessed, most blissful time ever. Gals, I'm living my own private Bissdom here!  I'm typing this while she is deeply asleep on my chest.  All of her warm, fantastic goodness is right here for me to kiss and smell and folks, it's just better than melty butter on waffles!!!

My mom keeps on asking me if I've put her down for more than two seconds since she's been born, and truthfully, I have, with giving her to her sisters to hold so I can go potty and putting her down to change her, but......I'm holding her a lot.  Most of the time.  Isn't that why God gave moms newborns? I mean, Mom has to recover too, and what better way to recover than with your newborn in your arms?? Besides, she needs me and the fact is.....

I need her.

We complete each other.  We fill the place in each other that is an open wound from Olivia's death.

My dear friend who attended her birth said.....

We're healing each other.

Amen.

Pennie is such a peaceful baby.  She allows me to sleep at least 4 hour stretches at night.  She scarcely ever cries.  She's not fussy.  She loves to be kissed and she loves it when I cradle her tiny feet.

Today I noticed that her feet are incredibly soft and small and her second toe is longer than her big toe.  It is a unique characteristic and it is totally hers.  She is Pennie and I am so, so grateful for her.  A couple of days ago, while lying in bed with my husband and Pennie, he was so grateful that we would never have to wonder what Olivia looked like, that we would always have Pennie to remind us.  They are mirror images of each other and there will never be the pain of wondering who she looked like or whose eyes she had.  God is good to give us a flesh and blood reminder!

I'm more at peace now, cuddling my newest daughter, than I have been for months.  I know that is how God intends it to be, after a mother has a baby.  What I am doing right now, resting and sleeping and holding her and concentrating on her, is exactly what is supposed to be happening.

And it's so wonderful to know that my family has not put a deadline on my resting.  I can just do what my body, my heart, tells me to do.  I love my family and I'm so glad my husband had the vision to teach our girls to be very helpful and to do most of the things around the house.  My husband hears from God, and I respect that and love it!

Now I'm going to feed Pennie and have some family time and just relax and chill out.

6 comments:

My Little Warriors said...

Love love love this post! It's okay for no pictures.. it makes having picture updates much more fun.

Rebeca said...

Wonderful! It sounds like you are doing just what you should be at this time. Mamas need lots of rest, and babies need lots of holding... perfect. Hugs!

Renata said...

Oh Leanne - your post makes me ache for a newborn of my own! I love that stage where they are so sweet & cuddly & kissable! My boys don't even like kisses now, so I make sure I slip in lots any time I can!
Enjoy this precious time!
Renata:)

Duckygirl said...

It makes me really happy to hear that you are being pampered and get to enjoy Pennie's newborn snuggles so much!! Such a great stage to be able to just hold them.

~Laura

My Little Warriors said...

okay Pennie is just as sweet in person as in her pictures.. YEp! I'm bragging! I got to hold her today just for a short time, and boy oh boy is she PRECIOUS!!!!!!

Gayle said...

This post makes me so happy, Leanne! I'm so glad that you are feeling at peace and that you are able to just sit and snuggle that precious blessing from God. He is good!