Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pictures?

Hey!

I'm sorry for taking an unintended absence from the blog.....I loved the semi-consistancy I had achieved lately.

The reason I've been absent is because, well, I really couldn't decide what to post about!

I decided to post pictures of our summer so far, but I can't find any of the recent pictures the girls have been taking!  Our camera is a little point-and-shoot model with a memory card and the girls usually load that memory card onto Daddy's computer and then they don't label the files into which they put the pictures! I blog and surf the 'net from the living room computer.  I can never, ever find any pictures on either of our computers and it's just because I am very technically handicapped! I've asked the girls on and off to find the pictures they've been taking, but we get busy and forget.....

My new resolution is to have the girls find those elusive pictures and label them, and if they can't label them then at least they can let me know where they are, and I can write some numbers down so at least I can always find them.

You know, my girls take really beautiful pictures.  The scenes they capture are really so eloquent and so breathtaking.  They continue to surprise me because our camera is so chintzy and has been dropped and the lens got stuck and now you can't retract the lens or it will get stuck again and you have to pry it open....blah blah blah blah blah.....The girls consistently long for a Big Girl camera, and we look at them but how can you tell which one is best for mature young ladies who can take killer pics?? There's such a variety of cameras out there.....all I care about is being able to freeze those wonderful and special times on a good camera!

I've also had the strong desire to have some of the gorgeous images my girls have taken printed out, blown up and framed.  Listen, I am so long and so far out of the loop as to technology and you know, I don't even know if there are places that print out hard copies of pictures anymore! Is that totally like, early 90's?? Man.  I mean, we have some of the most beautiful and heart stopping photos on our computer, but it has been my desire to make a photo wall in my living room, with all different sizes of pics, and all different styles of wooden frame that are the same color, and the only way to do that is to print out these pics! I really do miss the days when I could take that film down to my favorite grocery store and drop it off, and a couple days later I'd go back to pick up the hard copies!! I think I've heard of online sources that print out hard copies, but seriously, I wonder if they've ever dealt with my lack-of-skill level??!! And so, in the meantime between finding that place that can give me hard copies to seeing those prints up on my wall, I guess those images on my computer will just burn a hole in my heart!

Maybe someone out there among my two faithful readers has some wisdom or sources for me. I'd really appreciate the help.  I appreciate deeply that my few readers have stayed with me and remained faithful even though I haven't posted faithfully in the past! I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me on getting my pictures into hard copies.

Stay tuned for a post of summer pictures!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Walgreen or cosco is good. once your pics a labeled you can upload them directly to their web sight then they will print them and you can pic them up or have them shipped to you. I am pretty sure Target and Walmart do this also. Otherwise just burn a disc and take it to the store and they will print them:) Really the hardest part is keeping them organized but if you can do this blog you can DO IT:)

Theresa said...

I like snapfish.com because I can do everything from home :) You can just make an account and then upload your photos there. Then you choose what you want to do with them. You can have prints mailed to you or pick them up at a store.
I'm not up on technology either but have that down :)

Kirstin said...

I've still always been happy with Costco's prints and quality and they can do a variety of sizes. I have used Walmart and they are ok. I think also snapfish and shutterfly are great online sources. If you subscribe to Groupon, sometimes they send great deals for getting photo canvases at great prices.

Kathryn said...

I love snapfish too. I take all of our school pictures, and they have always turned out great. You can get all different cool sizes too. I like being able to do it all from home too. I just took all of Madison's pictures and made a lovely book. I never had a baby book for her, so I REALLY wanted one. I will treasure it forever. Right now it's still online, and I go there to look at it. As soon as I can pay for it, it will be in my hot little hands. :)