Saturday, June 8, 2013

A to Z

I got the idea for this from another gal's blog, and I'm not sure where she got it, but I thought it looked fun, and I wanted to do another post, so here we go!

Available or single?
I've been married for 19 years and 9 months.  Our 20th anniversary is in September.

Book?
One of my favorite authors is Jan Karon.  She wrote the Mitford series, with Father Timothy Kavanaugh.  I love these books and have read them several times.  I have most of them in hardback because hardback books are my favorite, preferably first edition.  I also love Ruth Bell Graham.

Cake or pie?
I love cake, gluten free.  I love my own gluten free pumpkin cake, carrot cake, two layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries.....so yes, I'm a cake girl.

Drink of choice?
My favorite drink is an exclusive blended coffee drink from my favorite coffee place. You can't get it anywhere else. It's a triple shot decaf mocha with coconut and caramel. MMMM!!

Essential item?
My red pouch.  It's in my purse and it has all of my essential items in it, like my driver's license and stuff like that, plus my two favorite lip glosses.  Oh, and I seriously miss paper towels when I don't have them!

Favorite color?
I love espresso brown.  Fall colors are also my favorite with a splash of turquoise.

Hometown?
I don't have to be specific on this one.  I live in a mid-sized town in SW Washington State.

Indulgence?
My coffee drink.  

Job?
Follower of Christ, stay at home mama, wife, homeschool teacher, Pennie snuggler, baby grower, errand runner, grocery shopper. Not much!

Kids and names?
We have 8.5 kids, and their names and pictures are listed on my side bar.

Life is incomplete without......?
My kids and husband.

Music group or singer?
My favorite singer has always been Celine Dion.  The first time I saw her she was on the Arsenio Hall show many, many years ago, and she sang "Where Does My Heart Beat Now", and I'll be honest, I cried because her voice brought goosebumps!! I also like Julie Andrews.  But there are SO many groups and singers I like!! But those are two of my favorites.

Number of siblings?
I have an older brother who is two years older than me whom I have not seen or talked to in more than 7 years.  He lives in Texas.  When I was 18, I found out I had a younger brother who lived in Illinois.  He's 16 months younger and I haven't seen or talked to him in at least 7 years also.

Oranges or apples?
I love oranges.  I grew up in Southern California and lived there until I was 13, and oranges and peaches and nectarines were abundant and common all year around where I lived.  I love the smell of an orange grove in the twilight.

Phobias or fears?
I don't live with any phobias or fears that consume me.  My worst nightmare used to be one of my children dying, and we've experienced two stillbirths and 4 miscarriages, and we've gotten through it, and it's no longer my biggest fear.  I don't really have any big fears that plague me.

Quote?
"To love another person is to see the face of God" from Les Miserables, The Epilogue. This keeps echoing in my head lately.  I think that when you truly love, God walks into the room and inhabits the regions of your heart.  And when you give birth to a little life, God is there.

Season?
Easy! Hands down, my favorite season is Autumn.  The leaves, the tang in the air, the woodsmoke, the chill, the first glittering frosts.....

Tattoos?
I'm probably going to offend a lot of people here, but I think that MOST tattoos are hideous and I always think about what those tattoos are going to look like when the person is 70 and old and wrinkled. I DO NOT hate people with tattoos!!!!!  I will never get a tattoo.  However, I do think that people who are tattoo artists are very good artists and are misplacing their talent.  I guess I have the opinion that my body is the temple of God, as the Bible says, and I wouldn't want to walk into His temple and start writing on the walls and drawing pictures on the walls.  That said, my voice teacher has a couple of very, very tiny black tattoos, mostly Asian characters.  They're not offensive.  Still, I'd never do it.  My husband delivers to a guy who has every single square inch of his skin, including his scalp, covered with tattoos.  It is gross.  I'll get off this soapbox now!

Unknown fact?
I had heart surgery when I was 2 years old.  I had Patent Ductus Arteriosis, which is a valve in your heart that won't close.  I also had herniated ovaries repaired.  The doctors didn't think I'd ever be able to have children.  HA! My surgery was done by Dr Savage, who was a famous pediatric surgeon in Seattle. I have an 8 inch scar under my left shoulder blade to remind me.

Veggies that I love?
Really, there are too many to name all of them...... tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, broccoli, cabbage, every kind of lettuce.....avocados.....I'm a veggie girl, and it comes from growing up in Southern CA, having every veggie always available really fresh.

Worst habit?
My very worst habit and most revolting personality trait is laziness.

X-rays?
Way too many to count!

Zodiac?
I'm a Cancer, and so is my husband, but this means absolutely nothing to me.  It's stupid but I needed to answer the question.

That was fun!! Now I'll look forward to reading this on your blog.....Tag, you're it!!

No comments: