Friday, May 2, 2008

Day Two

Well, day two has come and gone! That is, the second day that hubbie's been gone to Colorado.

We're doing VERY well here by ourselves, much to my surprise and amazement! I guess I just thought I was not cut out to function without Dave.......but this newfound sense of being able to do it is just another facet in my ongoing becoming.

Don't get me wrong though.....I'm aware of the hours till Dave's return and looking very forward to having his peace and presence here at home again.

I decided that, instead of having my mom take us all to the airport at 9 pm to pick Dave up on Sunday, I think the kids and I will just go. It's so easy at the airport to pick someone up. The route to pick up arrivals is very well marked, and so, we will go by ourselves.

I'm so astonished at myself for doing well during this separation....I......well, I didn't think I was strong enough to be on my own......

But I am. Because I am a survivor.

No comments: