Friday, January 15, 2010
Gracious sakes, people!
The Beautiful Blogger Award has been bestowed on this tiny, humble blog by Karen!
I want to thank all of you out there, my wonderful blog readers, for this award! I want to thank my dogs for their love and affection. I'd like to thank my socks for keeping my feet warm..........
Oh! Sorry......I was writing my acceptance speech and went off on a rabbit trail there.....
All I have to do for this award is to post about 7 quirks I have.
It's going to be hard to pick only seven of my idiosyncrasies...
But I'll try.
1. I hate the sound of silverware scraping against teeth during a meal. It's akin to how some people feel when fingernails are scraped down a chalkboard.
2. I will never, NEVER like black licorice. Sorry, Honey!
3. I didn't get my driver's license till I was 20. What's more pathetic is that it was THREE DAYS before my wedding! What can I say, I lead a sheltered life back then.....
4. When Samantha (Baby #3) was born, I kissed her right on the forehead as soon as they put her on my tummy. Yep. I kissed her, cottage cheesy, gooey and bloody though she was. I was just so relieved and happy that she was finally here. I've never done that with any of my other babies.
5. When I was pregnant with Lucie, I craved egg rolls. But they couldn't be just any ol' egg rolls. They had to be from a local Chinese joint that my husband delivers mail to. And I craved BBQ SAUCE with them. Ugh. And no, I never ate the two together!
6. I love the taste of apple cider vinegar. I sometimes crave it.
7. I've never been on a roller coaster in my life. Ever. And I'm PROUD to say that!
So there you have it. I could go on and on about all my bizarre ways.
But you don't have the time and I'd hate to bore you to tears!!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
This cutie, who looks so sweet here......
Turned 9 last week!!!
I can't believe those years passed so quickly.
Sara is so many, many things to us.
I will always see Sara in my mind's eye like this, the most elfin of all my girls.
She sort of has an ethereal quality about her.
She's gentle and quiet.....
But she is quirky and odd too...
Whether it be twirling in the middle of the living room with her arms raised in pure joy,
shouting funny words and songs....
She's the laughter and the humor in this house.
When she's not here, the house is a bit dark and boring!
Sara has the most unique and hysterical sense of humor!
She is shy and extremely restrained around others, but
Sara is definitely a beautiful princess.
She has a talent for the piano and she has music in her soul.
I'm in awe of the gift God gave us when He brought her to us those years ago.
Sara is the laughter in this family's life.
Happy Birthday, Sara Isabelle!!